NorthSide Montessori School's goal is to provide the best Early Childhood Education based on Montessori Teaching Method, which will help young children to develop within themselves an excellent foundation for creative learning. We are a small, family oriented school. We have an open policy where parents are free to drop in and observe their child in our safe and naturalized environment. We try hard to make all of our students well rounded. In addition to academics, we emphasize self-discipline, good manners and respect towards others. We are fortunate to be culturally diverse, and we celebrate the heritage of each of our students.
In a Montessori school, the teacher serves as facilitator of learning by functioning as designer of the environment, resource person, role model, demonstrator, record keeper and meticulous observer of each child’s behavior and growth. Our head teacher in each classroom has been trained and certified in the Montessori teaching methods. Each teacher spends many hours outside of class time carefully preparing lessons and activities, considering each student’s individual needs to create just the right learning environment. Children are also supervised by well-qualified assistant teachers. The School maintains a child/teacher ratio of six to one for the Toddler Program and eight to one for Preschool/Kindergarten during regular classroom hours.
Currently, the School offers the following three Programs:
· Toddler Program: Full Montessori curriculum for 18 to 36 months. Parents can select a two, three, or five-day program, which runs from 8:40 - 11:20 am. (If a toddler has a sibling in the Preschool/Kindergarten class, he/she may come in at the same time as the sibling.)
· Preschool Program: Full Montessori curriculum for three to five years old including art, music, movement, practical life, sensorial, language, math, science, cultural and pre-writing activities. The program is offered daily from 8:30 - 11:30 am and from 12:30 – 3:30pm.
· Kindergarten Program: Full Montessori curriculum for five to six years old and preparatory/remedial work for elementary schooling. The program is offered daily from 8:30 - 11:30 am and from 12:30 – 3:30 pm.
In addition to the above programs, the School also provides the following additional services:
· Before and After School Care: the School offers flexible Before and After School Care to all our children. The children in these programs enjoy a wide range of activities from arts and crafts to outdoor play. The School opens at 7:30 am and closes at 6:00 pm.
· Summer Academic Camp: Each Summer, following a 3 week break after the school year, the School conducts an eight week Summer Day Camp. Each two-week session is designed to provide time for reading and writing, more abstract math experience for older children, science experiments, arts and crafts, songs and games, gardening, and possible field trips. Also, each two-week session has a theme, and regular Montessori materials are available all the time. Subjects include: “Plants and Earth Science”, “Native American & Amphibians”, “Insects, Spiders and Reptiles,” and Ocean and Water Creatures”, etc.
For more information about enrollment, please see the Enrollment section. If you have questions about pricing and would like to visit the School, please fill out the form on the Contact Us page and our program directress will get back to you as soon as possible.